Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Puzzled by the Puzzle


Originally posted to my Facebook Notes: Tuesday, November 2, 2010 at 10:02pm

I have a puzzle
That is quite difficult
None of the pieces seem to fit!

I've tried this way and that
Upside down, to the left, to the right
None of the pieces are tight!

It's quite a struggle
My mind is numb
My heart exhausted, It's all wrong! 

I have stretched my patience
Kept my composure
Yet silently cry into the night

I'll never give up
This puzzle is far to beautiful
Given to me whole and seemingly perfect!

Yet day by day this puzzle was changing
Things went wrong and pieces would move
My puzzle weeps from it's depths!

It knows more than you think
Aware of the confusion and chaos
That makes it's existence hell in our world!

My puzzle, can't you see, is my beautiful girl
Day by day we piece her together
Hoping today, if just for today, the pieces fit!

The Imperfect Puzzle:  Magnificent Maggie




Sandie Becker
Copyright August, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment