How many times have you used the word shame when describing a time, situation or thing in your life? Has someone made you feel shame?
Have you ever taken the time to look at the definition of it?
a painful feeling of humiliation or distress caused by the consciousness of wrong or foolish behavior: she was hot with shame | he felt a pang of shame at telling Alice a lie.
• a loss of respect or esteem; dishonor: the incident had brought shame on his family.
• used to reprove someone for something of which they should be ashamed: shame on you for dredging up such terrible memories | for shame, brother!
• [in singular] a regrettable or unfortunate situation or action: it is a shame that they are not better known.
• a person, action, or situation that brings a loss of respect or honor: ignorance of Latin would be a disgrace and a shame to any public man.
verb [with object]
(of a person, action, or situation) make (someone) feel ashamed: I tried to shame him into giving some away.
• bring shame to: the entire debacle has shamed our community.
- cause (someone) to feel ashamed or inadequate by outdoing or surpassing them: she shames me with her eighty-year-old energy.
There are so many faces to that word. It comes in many colors. Do you live with it? Have you accepted it, given it a great big hug, appreciated what it has given you and moved on? Do you realize that the word shame is nothing more than a belief you were taught? A place of societal arrangement. Why are you still there? Is that where you want to be?
EVERY moment is a gift. Every joy and every sadness is a treasure to be celebrated. Everything you have experienced is a part of who you have become. Don’t carry shame. It was a lesson, It was not to become a burden you carry, but to bring you to a higher plain! You are bigger than that moment or moments of shame. You are so much more than the situation. So much more than someones words. You build on it. Make it the foundation of your rising! Cover that shit with the beauty that you intend to become and build! Build bigger! Build brighter! Build higher than you ever imagined. You are resilient!
1 (of a person or animal) able to withstand or recover quickly from difficult conditions: babies are generally far more resilient than new parents realize | the fish are resilient to most infections.
2 (of a substance or object) able to recoil or spring back into shape after bending, stretching, or being compressed: a shoe with resilient cushioning.
You are more than the shame you have let yourself be swallowed by! Resilient! You are flexible! You are strong! Sturdy! Tough! You are irrepressible! Do you know that? You are more!
Let it go…please. The shame! You are BEAUTIFUL! You are AMAZING! You are not shame. You exist on the threshold of your own perception. You are DIVINE! Do not sit unchanged! Evolve! Connect! Explore! Go beyond your comfort zone! Choose Love!
Copyright © March, 2017